Saturday, January 30, 2010

Starbucks, My Love


One of my favorite parts of traveling to other countries and experience other cultures is for the variety it represents. The different languages, customs, and landscapes are bright colors that add brilliant hues to my life.

But as much as I love things that are unique, exotic, or different, there is another side of me as well. There is a part that loves something that is steadfast and known. There is one thing in this modern world that never changes. That no matter where in the world I am, I can walk in the doors and it is like I am transported back to home. What is that? Starbucks. I have been a Starbucks customer in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Bali, and South Korea. No matter the location, the scent, look, feel, and taste is the same. When traveling to and fro so much, it is nice to have something be consistent.

It is comforting to know that I can walk into any Starbucks worldwide, order a low-fat Cafe Latte and know that the taste will be as yummy as if I was stateside. That there will be cinnamon and nutmeg to sprinkle on the top of my foamy mug, sugary pastries to beckon me from their glass encasement, and soothing music help me relax. When living abroad, it is the little things that truly bring comfort and peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment