Sunday, January 31, 2010

One Year Older


In 60 minutes I will be 26 years old. I will have officially left the first quarter of my life and be passing onto a new phase. Will no longer be considered early 20s, but now enter the late 20s. Just typing that made a chill run through my bones.

I think back through the changes that have occurred in the last 10 years of my life: graduation from high school, college, and grad school. I had my first kiss, visited my first country, and bought my first car. Memories of moving into my first apartment, starting my first real job, and experiencing my first real moment of disappointment.

I sit here thinking about the next ten years and what they will bring. I ponder thoughts of a new career, buying a house, meeting a mate, and becoming a mother. I wonder how much of the next ten years will be filled with joy or what tragedies may befall me. Multiple possibilities entertain me as I consider the future and bids my curiosity to rise and hope.

I hope that this next year brings as much joy, excitement, and new experiences into my life as last year did. For everyone who has played a part in my life, even as just a character passing through, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment